Friday, February 1, 2013

When the Weather Outside is Frightful...

You'll see me wearing this coat:


If I'm not wrong, I have had this coat since before I was married and I love it!  

Owning this coat really is a catch 22: I love the coat, but I only wear it when the weather is very cold (I'm talking below zero). I wouldn't chose below zero temps, but I also love having a reason to wear my coat.  

Why don't you just wear the coat to stay extra toasty during those Minnesota winters you ask?  Well, there is a reason this coat is so warm:  it is real leather and weights nearly 5 lbs by itself!  My shoulders actually get tired from wearing it if I wear it shopping/walking around for an extended period of time.  

This coat always makes me think of my parents and Texas.  Funny, right?;)  Well, my parents bought it for me at a Wilson Leather Outlet store in Texas:)   
(I have no idea who in Texas would ever need a coat this warm???)  

I'm sure you'll see me wearing it for years to come.  
It is a nice quality and has worn very well for the past 10ish years.  

2 comments:

  1. It's a cute coat! It's kinda nice you have one thing to look forward to when it's below zero! I still wear a Colombia (not as cool as yours) coat that I got in 9th grade....1998. I swear it still looks brand new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute coat, but I would probably die wearing that one. Maybe if I was out winter hiking or watching a football game in an open stadium.... ha

    ReplyDelete