Friday, February 8, 2013

High Five for Friday

I've decided to add another element to my High Five for Friday:  my five favorite pictures from the week.  I take A LOT of pictures with my phone and this way I can share at least my favorites from the week:)

Our sleeping beauty

Snuggles in the morning

A perfectly lazy weekend afternoon

Snuggles after church

Love the smile on my boy's face
while playing Disney Hedbandz

High Fives for the Week:
  1. We had Luke's second conference for first grade this week.  He's doing great academically and is still a little chatty with the friends at his table when it's work time.  His teacher challenged him to raise his hand more in class because she knows he understand the material, he's just shy about participating.  We're very proud of our boy and love that he loves school:)  
  2. The final delivery of our flooring came yesterday!  We're anticipating it will be installed next week. I'm very ready for the final installation and for the project to be completely done since it's been a month since it the original delivery in January.  
  3. We won the Powerball this week!  Ok, only $100, but I'll take it!  We hardly ever buy a ticket, but last weekend on our way to friend's house for the Super Bowl, we drove by the Powerball sign and noticed the jackpot was high.  We had to stop to pick something up for the Super Bowl at Kwik Trip, so I thought I'd grab a ticket.  Yesterday when I checked the numbers, I was very surprised to have matched three numbers and the Powerball!  
  4. Luke has been very into reading Shel Silverstein books recently, which has been a lot of fun for me since they the books we have are the copies I had as a kid.  Luke loves the silly poems and they are a good challenge for his reading with new words he doesn't typically read.  
  5. Last weekend, we finally got some snow to cover up the brown, frozen Minnesota terrain.  We happened to be out each evening when the snow was falling (we had three evenings in a row).  It is absolutely beautiful watching the fluffy flakes fall under the street lights and there is an added peace in the air.  

1 comment: