Tuesday, May 15, 2012

31 Weeks

Mother's Day 2012

At 31 Weeks, you are...
  • Still a busy lady!  This evening my stomach was feeling upset and your break dancing was not helping;)
  • Are probably still lying transverse (horizontal).  I'm assuming this because the location of movements have been similar for the past few weeks and the doctor said you were transverse at our 28 week appointment (we have an appointment next week to verify)
  • Well set for 0-6 month baby clothes.  I took an inventory last week of what we had for 0-6 month baby girl clothes, then filled in a couple gaps while garage-saling last weekend
  • Able to claim a few of Mommy's stretch marks as yours as of last week:)
  • Highly anticipated by your brother!  He talks about you everyday and cannot wait to meet you:)

At 31 Weeks, I am...
  • Kickin' butt!  I exercised 5 of 7 days last week: several walks, water aerobics, and pregnancy workout class.  This is way different from my pregnancy with Luke when I didn't exercise at all.  I'm so grateful to feel well so I can continue to be active, especially with the beautiful spring weather we've been having!  I'm also looking forward to many walks with you in the stroller this summer!
  • Have had my share of pelvic pressure, especially after I've been sitting for a while and then stand up.  But the good news is that it's intermittent and not every day.
  • Have still been able to wear heels!  That probably sounds stupid, but in my mind it means I'm doing well physically.  When I was expecting Luke, I only had two pairs of shoes that fit and that I could stand wearing from much earlier in pregnancy.  I won't lie, I've been feeling the after effects of wearing heels more at 31 weeks than I did earlier in the pregnancy, but I can still wear them:) 
  • Have had some swelling in my feet some days, but nothing bad at all
  • Finding that standing still too much or bending over a lot wears on my low back.  I've been realizing it mostly when I help in Luke's class since I'm bending over the kids' tables a lot 
  • Closer to making a car seat and stroller purchase...I just want to stop at the stores in town that carry them to be sure I like them in person since I've been doing most of my research online
  • Enjoying having your company everywhere I go.  I love feeling your movements when I least expect it as if you're saying "Hey, don't forget about me".  It is also so fun when Daddy can feel your movements.  His eyes light up and he's always amazed at your strength and speed:)
  • So grateful to have shared this Mother's Day pregnant with you and getting so close to meeting you!  After the ups and downs of the past four years of pregnancy hopes, losses, and waiting, we are overjoyed to be so close to meeting you!

No comments:

Post a Comment