Friday, May 17, 2013

High Five for Friday

Bridge enjoying her huge sandwich from
Cheesecake Factory

Mom with the biggest veggie burger known to man

I should have known the grande burrito
 would be a lot to handle!
Mmmm, Cracker Barrel:)

Luke snuggling Mumbles the night I brought him home

Thursday was Luau Day in first grade. 
Luke and I both dressed for the occasion
since I was volunteering in his class.
  1. Trip to Chicago with my mom and sis.  I'll post separately about it soon once I get the pics compiled from multiple cameras.  It was a great get away and lots of fun exploring, and mostly shopping, together:) 
  2. Mother's Day was a great day. I spent the day traveling back from Chicago with my mom and sis, eating at Cracker Barrel (one of my favs), and doing some outlet shopping in Wisconsin Dells. I've also already posted about Luke's special gift to me, which made it an extra special day:)
  3. After a trip, it always takes time to catch back up on life.  Even though it was only four days, I felt horribly behind at home.  So, this week, as lame as it is, one of my high fives is that I'm caught up on laundry, grocery shopping, and cleaning as of today!  It's the little things people;)
  4. I ran the Stay Out of the Sun Run 5K tonight.  My second 5K since Nora was born last summer and it went WAY better than the first run (last October).  Interestingly enough it was even the same route:)  I felt good running, we didn't get rained on, and the proceeds went to the wonderful cause of melanoma research. 
  5. I think it's safe to say it's finally spring and I'm getting excited to get planting started in the garden (veggies) and in the landscaping that Brent created last year.  We've got some hostas ready plant.  Hopefully we can get started tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. You make so many good memories in the midst of a busy life. I admire you.

    ReplyDelete