Thursday, May 16, 2013

Memories and S'mores

I have quite a memory.  I remember birthdays and anniversaries.  I can look around my house and remember when I received gifts and who gave them to me/us.  My memory serves me well at work and around the house.  It also gives me wonderful reminders of those I love. 

Tonight, while grocery shopping, a recipe came to mind that my Aunt Nancy used to make when we had camp outs at her house in the summer.  I picked up the four ingredients and whipped it up tonight. 

I love how memories attached to things, songs, places, etc can take me back in time, especially when it means remembering special people who are no longer with us. 

In memory and honor of my Aunt Nancy, I will enjoy the frozen s'mores in my freezer with my kids who never had the privilege of meeting her. 

Image found online,
where I also found other versions of the recipe

Frozen S'mores

Graham Crackers
Cool Whip
Chocolate Chips
Mini-Marshmallows

Mix one container of cool whip with desired amount of chocolate chips and mini-marshmallows until well mixed.  Break full graham crackers into squares.  Spread cool whip mixture onto one graham cracker square and top with a second graham cracker square.  Wrap in tin foil, plastic wrap, or place in a small ziploc bag and freeze.  Enjoy once cool whip is firm!

1 comment:

  1. What a great memory to share with your kids, and a great way to honor your aunt nancy. I just may have to try these.

    ReplyDelete