Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Blessing

CAUTION: Mommy bragging to follow...

I have the most thoughtful and adorable son who absolutely melts my heart!  

On Sunday night when I got home from my trip, he gave me the card below.




The personal note reads:
"Hi mom, first I want to tell you what I want to do with you.  First I want to bring you to Victoria's for lunch. Then bring you to Color Me Mine.  To you Mommy.  From Luke and Nora"

Brent told me that Luke picked the card and came up with the idea of lunch and Color Me Mine all by himself.  He told Brent, "Not all presents need to be things, sometimes it can be doing something together."

Melt my heart!

Then, on Monday, he gave me the gift he made in school and the gift he bought me from the Mother's Day Store.  


The above reads:  "My mom is magnificent.  My mom is awesome.  My mom makes good food.  Mom is my mom.  Mom makes yummy food."

Love it:)


He picked this ring out for me at the Mother's Day Store and told me the following:  "I had $4 to spend, but I didn't think you would like anything at the $4 table.  I found this ring at the $2 table and I thought you would like it."  I told him he understand the heart of giving perfectly...it's not the price that matters, but the thought that counts:)

Luke has made being mommy the best job ever.  His kind, generous heart blesses us and others daily and he's pretty cute too;)  

Thank you, Luke, for making Mother's Day so very special!
 
One of my favorite pics of us:)
 

2 comments:

  1. Awww, such a sweet and thoughtful boy, Thanks for sharing...it's not bragging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He melts my heart. He is such a tender, gentle spirit and we have been blessed with one of the best children in the universe in our family!

    ReplyDelete