Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"Never Gonna Feel That Way Again"

I recently heard the Kenny Chesney song Never Gonna Feel That Way Again (click link to hear/read lyrics).  It really got me thinking about how very fast the current stage we're in is flying by us.  Brent and I love raising our kiddos and we are especially fond of the young ages.  We don't know what the future holds for our family (if we'll have more kids, etc), so I really want to soak in the moments we share.  The chorus goes:

It was my life and it was fun
Another season of my life is done
Another race I'm glad I got to run
Another chapter in my life its over
No I'm never gonna feel like that again
Times rushin by me like the wind
Never be as young as I was then
No I'm never gonna feel like that again


I know this year of having a baby and first grader is quickly coming to an end.  We'll shortly enter the season of having a toddler/preschooler and grade-schooler, which will bring it's own joys and trials.  But for today, I want to soak in the moments that fill my heart to overflowing.  Like coming home for lunch to Nora who is ecstatic to see us and saying good bye in the morning to Luke who still wants a hug and kiss before we leave. 

Andy Bernard said it well on The Office series finale last week:
"I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've left them"


No comments:

Post a Comment