Friday, July 26, 2013

High Five for Friday!

I realized last week after posting my High Five that I forgot to include my favorite pics from the week!  How absurd!  I guess I'll have to make up for it this week:)


I've so enjoyed our outside space this summer.

Settlers of Catan with Greg & Cally
Brent won the first game and I, miraculously, won the second:) 

Playing together at the doctor office. 
I love how they love each other:)

This girl is always trying to stand up in the tub!
(P.S. doesn't this look like Luke???)

What's more fun than playing in a box???

Practicing her nun-chuck skills at Ethan's
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle birthday party
A view of my beautiful walk back to my parent's after work. 
(Mentioned in last week's High Five) 

#1

This High Five is actually a couple weeks late, but I kept forgetting to mention it.  We are so very grateful that my dad (aka Papa) is back on his feet after surgery Memorial weekend and aggressive antibiotics through the first week of July!  Papa has been our in-home childcare since October (when I went back to work after having Nora) so he shares a special relationship with our kiddos (Nora especially).  He was not able to help with the kids during his recovery and we are so happy he is back to 100% and able to hang with the kids again while Brent and I are at work:)  He is such a blessing to us in so many ways and we are so happy he is feeling better and able to enjoy this first summer of retirement.

#2

I got to have lunch with three lovely ladies (Liz, Janet, Kate) this week that I spent A LOT of time with growing up!  Kate, Janet, and I have known each other since elementary school and we spent tons of time at each other's houses growing up.  The three of us started going to school with Liz in middle school, but I don't recall actually meeting Liz until high school.  Even though we spent a lot of time together through high school, we haven't all gotten together for nearly three years.  It was so lovely to catch up and see their lovely faces! 

#3

We're celebrating ten years of marriage today (which I've already posted on), but today's the actual day:)

#4

I got to Skype with another lovely friend, Krista, this week.  She and her family moved to Arizona this spring and I miss her terribly.  It has been so great to be able to see her face and hear her voice via Skype so I can get my Krista fix:) 

#5

We had a great day celebrating my cousin's wedding last Saturday and got to see most of my Dad's family.  It was a beautiful day, with great food and company, and fun dancing with the kiddos:)

No comments:

Post a Comment