Thursday, July 11, 2013

Perennial Paradise

This spring/summer is the first time Brent and I have planted perennial flowers and I'm loving watching them grow and bloom!
 

Day Lilies

Only the yellow flowers have bloomed, but we're patiently waiting for the pink plants to flower too.


Hydrangea

I've always been fascinated by hydrangeas, but my love for them truly began on our honeymoon to Cape Cod ten years ago. I finally have my very own periwinkle hydrangea!  
 


Clematis

This baby has done the most growing of all of our plants.  It is easily 3 times the height when we planted it in June and we got our first flower!  I just love these huge, purple flowers.
 


Lamb's Ears

We went out on a limb buying lamb's ears.  Other than the info on the tag at Sargent's, we didn't know anything about these plants.  We just liked the fuzzy appearance to their leaves.  They have grown a lot too and sprouted these purple-ish flowers.  I expected them to stay flatter to the ground, more like a hosta.  Surprise, surprise:)
 
 
We're excited to add even more to our landscaping through the years.  I love the anticipation of our perennials growing back and blooming for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment