Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Priorities

One of my Facebook friends posted this quote recently: 

Priorities. Not a very big word but sure makes a BIG difference.
 
 
I would not say that my priorities have changed, but my routine has recently, which has lead me to consider how my priorities fit into each day/week.  As a result of my job change in early July, I now have a different work schedule.  I still work the same number of hours a week, but they are spread out differently into four shorter days a week.  I was having some trouble managing my time at home the first few weeks, but I feel like things are starting to fall into place better.
 
One of the biggest changes has been in priorities for my Wednesdays off.  My goal for Wednesdays off is to enjoy my children.  The tasks at home will get done and my kids will not remember how clean the house was but they will remember time with Mom.  I am especially aware of this with Luke because I will only have full Wednesdays with him during the summer (which is only 4 more for this summer!). 
 
Today was wonderful:)  I woke up with the goal of enjoying the kids.  We saw the free showing of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at Wehrenberg (Luke's pick of course:)), picked up a birthday gift for Luke's friend, picked up lunch at Culver's, saw Daddy at home for lunch, Luke and I did a few little chores around the house while Nora napped, made breakfast for dinner, and did some more football gear/shoe shopping for Luke tonight. 
 
It may sound like this day was not all that exciting for Nora, but that is certainly not true:)  I had my reservations about bringing Nora to the movie, but she did great! 
 
Ready for the movie to start

Lounging in her stroller
 
Dozing in her stroller

She also got to sit in the big cart at Target with Luke for the first time, which she thought was great:)  She sat still in the straps the entire trip around the store!
 

 

She also thoroughly enjoyed breakfast for dinner and got some time in her swing in the backyard while we watered the yard/garden.  As for running errands, she loves being in the backseat with Luke.  We regularly hear her giggling at something little he's doing:) 
 
All in all, my priorities have not changed, but my time management has adjusted a bit:)


1 comment:

  1. It is so much fun to see her enjoying being a bigger girl. I love how they love each other. What a blessing! Of all the things I remember and still enjoy, the sibling enjoyment of each other with our kids was the greatest blessing of being a mom.

    ReplyDelete