Monday, August 19, 2013

Crabapples!

When we moved into our house nine years ago, I knew I wanted a blossoming cherry or crab apple tree.  Within five months, we found a snow crabapple tree on sale (it gets white flowers in the spring, hence the name).  I LOVE blossoming trees in the spring so I knew I wanted one of my own.  I didn't give much thought to the actual fruit it bore in the fall:)
 
Fast forward nine years later and we've finally decided to do something with our crabapples, other than feeding the local birds:) 
 
Let the harvest begin!

Nora watching Luke and Ethan out the
window while they picked

They really got into picking and did a very
thorough job where they could reach

A little while later, Annie climbed the
tree so she could do some more picking
(I have no doubt Ethan would have been up
there had he not already been in an arm cast:))

Our harvest (as far as we could reach in the tree) = 14 lbs
or 3 ice cream buckets full
 I plan to try some recipes with them soon.  Any suggestions on recipes you've tried???
 
I've pinned a few on Pinterest so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment