Monday, August 19, 2013

Nora's Notables

Since my baby girl has hit her one year milestone, I'm going to switch it up and try periodic updates (let's hope I remember) instead of monthly updates. I've decided to coin these updates "Nora's Notables":)

Without further ado, Nora's recent notables:
  • She now has 3 baby teeth and we believe she's starting to work on a fourth (running nose and a little fussy for a couple days)
  • She is getting more adventurous (I use that term liberally)...she will now tolerate the grass enough to walk around in it (while holding our hands), but she still hates sitting in it:)  She will literally sit in one place and whine and complain without her situation but will not crawl to remove herself from it. We've also learned a new term thanks to Nora:  hastenburaphobia = phobia of grass
  • She is learning more of her abilities.  She explored the tunnel on the big toy at the park recently.  It was adorable.  She loved making her baby sounds and hearing them magnified in the tunnel.  She crawled back and forth countless times from one tunnel opening to another:)
  • She is 100% Daddy's girl right now:)
  • She is now tall enough to look out the front window at our house and Papa and Gma's house.  Last week when I walked to my parent's after work, she was standing at the window chattering and waving at me.  I think she really enjoys seeing what's going on and feels pretty proud of her new discovery:) 
  • I think I've mentioned this before, but she still loves books and "reading" to herself.  It is virtually impossible though to read a book to her.  She hijacks the book and makes it impossible to read to her.
  • She loves Momma's shoes.  She sits in my closet and puts the shoes under her legs like she's trying them on:)
  • She adores her brother and will be in for a rude awakening when the he goes back to school in a couple weeks.
Our little lady is so much fun and I love the exploration stage she is currently in.  She keeps herself occupied well when confined to one floor or the other of our house, crawling from room to room exploring, chattering, and pulling herself up on things to find even more.

She loves stealing others' sunglasses to wear

Walking in the grass!  Finally!!!

Pure sweetness:)

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet girl you have, her and Carson would have fun in the tunnels... He does the same thing, they are so adorable at this age! She must be in heaven looking for mama to come walking down the street after work.

    ReplyDelete