Monday, March 11, 2013

Blasted Winter...

I'm not a crabby blogger, or a crabby Minnesotan...but I need to vent...

I'm done with winter.

I was simply bitter on Sunday when I knew more snow was coming.  We had just enjoyed a few days of beautiful sunshine, "warmer" days (30+ degrees for those of you outside MN), and I had just shoveled my deck and patio (first time all winter) with hopes that it would not be needed again this season. 

The other fact that added to my bitterness is that I felt like the time change for Daylight Savings this weekend was like a precursor to spring....then we get seven more inches of snow. Come on! 

As I was getting ready for work today, I wasn't crabby.  I was disappointed that Luke got another snow day and that it was once again on a day I had to work (I love cozy, stuck-at-home days with my kids).  I was even thinking positive thoughts like "Well, at least it's warm outside" and "The snow won't last that long in March."

Then I got to work.  More precisely, I parked at work.  As I walked into the building, I bit it. 
Full sprawl...

Flat on my back...

In the parking lot...

With my head bouncing off the pavement...

Ugh...

As if I wasn't bitter enough about the second March snow storm of 2013, then I got whacked in the head by it. 

The rest is history...an incident report at work, a three-hour trip to the E.R. (recommended by a nurse or I wouldn't have gone), and an achy neck and shoulders from the fall. 

The silver lining to this stupid snow?  I did get to snuggle with my kiddos after returning from the E.R. and got some stuck-at-home time being lazy on this "snow day."

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I shouldnt really comment on this blog (as far as my love of winter) so I'll just say I'm sorry you were having a rough time the last few days, and I'm glad you are ok after the big fall....ouch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, I totally thought of you as I was writing this post:) I really don't mind winter for the first few months either. It's just that some years I get my hopes up for spring too soon and then I get frustrated by the last snows of the season. And, falling and cracking my head just put me over the edge this time:)

      Delete