Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Remember Anne of Green Gables???

Did any of you ever watch the Anne of Green Gables TV Movie from the 80s? 

 
Well, I just started reading the first book in the Anne of Green Gables Box Set that I got for Christmas.  I can't believe that I never read the books as a kid since I loved the movie so much, but it's amazing how closely the movie follows the book.  I'm half way into the first book and I feel like the movie is playing in my head right along as I read.  This is not the case for many other books I've read and then watched the movie versions.

It's been a very fun trip down memory lane reading the book so far.  I'll have to buy the movie too so I can share both the books and movie with Nora as she grows (it's a pretty feminine story, so I don't think Luke will be interested).  

3 comments:

  1. Love those books. Didn't imagine you had never read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I had never read the books until a couple of years ago when I downloaded them on my Kindle. Have never seen the movies. They are really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, the movies are great too. It's amazing how well they follow the books.

      Delete