Friday, March 8, 2013

High Five for Friday

I have to admit, being in the middle of a Facebook free week, I have been thinking a lot about my High Five for Friday this week and am having a difficult time narrowing it down.  I'm used to sharing posts on Facebook about life and the kids, but this week I'm only sharing via our blog.  Anyway, on to my fav pictures from the week:

Dinner date with my kiddos while Daddy was busy
Beautiful hoarfrost on a March morning

Close Up
Love this sleeper on Nora: the pink is like
her lips and the blue like her eyes:)



This collage is from this morning.  I took pic 1 because I heard Luke reading out loud to Nora while I was doing the dishes.  I just love his nurturing heart and desire to be with his sister.  I think Nora enjoyed Luke reading, but she was also busy playing.  Pic 2 she is diving into her basket in search of toys.  3...She's losing her balance a bit and realized that I was watching her.  4...She tipped over and was wedged between the couch and toy basket.  She never got upset and Luke never stopped reading.  Just a funny little glimpse into our morning:)

  1. I had a lovely lady date with my dear friend Krista last night.  She is such a blessing to me in so many ways.  Recently, I've really appreciated the opportunities to process life stuff out loud with her.  We process very well together Brent even suggests my getting Krista's opinion on things.  I am blessed to call her friend.  Oh, and we enjoyed some wonderful Mexican food at La Poblana and a Shamrock Shake for dessert:)
  2. Nora has started noticing my jewelry and hair recently.  I'm not so excited about the jewelry part, especially my earrings that she loves to pull.  I am, however, loving her playing with my hair.  She is usually gentle and looks longingly at me while she plays with it.  It is just so heartwarming.
  3. Nora is trying her hand at finger foods, well Puffs anyway (the baby cereal that dissolves on the tongue).  I love watching her concentrate and work so diligently to pick them up and get them into her mouth.  
  4. Luke loves reading chapter books now that he's gotten the "all clear" from school.  (He didn't feel like he could read them until his teacher said he could:))  He got the first four Box Car Children books for his birthday and is already on the second book.  We are so blessed that he loves to read and that it comes easily to him.  
  5. It's not often (or ever) that a date with my hubby just falls into my lap, but it did this past week!  I got a note from a couple we know through Luke's former daycare inviting us to a concert tonight.  So, we have reservations at Chester's for dinner and then we'll head to the concert.  I'm looking forward to a night out with my man!

No comments:

Post a Comment