Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ode to Spring

In reference to my recent posts (Anne of Green Gables and Winter), I thought I'd share my ode to spring from Anne of Green Gables: Book 1, Chapter IV:

A huge cherry-tree grew outside, so close that its boughs tapped against the house, and it was so thickset with blossoms that hardly a leaf was to be seen.  On both sides of the house was a big orchard, one of apple trees and one of cherry trees, also showered over with blossoms; and their grass was all sprinkled with dandelions.  In the garden below were lilac trees purple with flowers, and their dizzily sweet fragrance drifted up to the window on the morning wind.

Doesn't that sound simply heavenly? Cherry and apple blossoms and lilacs are my absolute favorite scents and I cannot get enough of them during their short season of blossoms! Coming soon...well, hopefully!

April 2010 ~ Silver Lake Park
Enjoying the scent with
my then 4 year old

2 comments:

  1. about 5 yrs ago my sister,mom and I went out to Washington DC in April to see the cherry blossoms... it's a big deal out there and my mom always wanted to go. It would be a great spring break trip for your family. Great place to visit with sooooo much history. The cherry blossoms peak in April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that's the place to be in spring. I've only been in the summer/fall. I'll have to make an April trip sometime:)

      Delete