Friday, March 22, 2013

Puttin on my Travelin Shoes!

So I've been struggling with a bad attitude recently from the lack of spring in these parts.  I'm trying very hard to get over it and think happy thoughts.  My happy thoughts today are of all the fun travel plans we have in 2013! 

In May, my mom, sis, and I are headed to Chicago for a long weekend over Mother's Day.  I'm SO excited!  The three of us have never taken a trip together and my mom and I have never been to Chicago.  I'm also super excited that it's on Mother's Day weekend.  I think it will be great to have special time with my mom and to get some R&R myself to celebrate the holiday:)

In July, Brent, the kids, and I are headed to Pine Haven Christian Assembly for family camp week.  PHCA is our "church camp", which Brent grew up attending each summer as a camper.  Luke, Nora, and I have never been, but hear wonderful things about it.  I'm excited to experience it all for the first time and especially excited to be attending with lots of great friends.

In August, the Pickers, Moyers, and Beckmanns are headed to Timber Trail Resort in Ely, MN.  Our family is making an attempt to make an annual trip as a family to a cabin for some relaxed family time together.  We're looking forward to checking out a new resort this year.  Hopefully the fishing will be better, right Ross & Brent???;)

In September, Brent and I will be celebrating our ten year anniversary with an Alaskan Cruise.  We'll fly into Seattle and depart on our cruise the next morning for an eight day cruise.  I simply cannot imagine a vacation this long for just Brent and I, while the kiddos stay in Minnesota.  I cannot wait for the amazing scenery, time to relax, time together, and some great food:)

Should be an exciting 2013!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like tons of fun. We really miss our (unscheduled week) at Pine haven that we did for 20+ years. About 25 friends from church, so many good memories! WE all still mourn our time together there. I'm sure Alaska will be beautiful, we still have that one on our bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete