Friday, March 1, 2013

High Five for Friday

Reading chapter books!
He's very proud to be reading his new
chapter books from Gpa/Gma Picker.
Boxcar Children see yet another generation:)
Hard working man installing our new faucet
Adorable hood + adorable smile = Irresistible:)
Practicing sitting up in the tub
and chewing her favorite spoon
Holding baby fingers
  1. It was Spa Day at MOPS this week.  Best morning of the year!  Free spa experience including:  a wonderful breakfast spread, a personalized bottle of lotion mixed with the essential oil of your choice, a hair style/up-do, a nail polish application, a paraffin dip for hands, a makeup application, and a gift bag filled with spa goodies.  Obviously a wonderful morning:)  
  2. Brent's been trying out a high protein diet.  Honestly, my first response was not favorable, but I'm trying to see the bright side.  The bright side I found is that there is always fully-cooked meat in the fridge (thanks to Brent's food prep), which makes meal prep even easier for me because I just have to come up with a side or two for Luke and I to eat with it.    
  3. I learned this week that cleaning for and with a friend is the best kind of cleaning:)  I got to spend a couple hours helping a friend prepare her house to sell, and, yes, it was fun!  Maybe I should consider group cleaning more often;)
  4. We got to meet our friends' new baby boy this weekend and hang out over dinner.  It is always so fun to see those we love move into a new stage of life with a new little one:)
  5. So my #5 from last week may not have made a lot of sense, but this week I made a difficult decision that I know was best for our family right now.  I'm not good at setting limits for myself, so this was a big step.  

No comments:

Post a Comment